I love summer fruits! The strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, and all the tropical fruits that are just too many to list! You get the jest, I love all summer fruits!
But I especially love blueberries! I even have two small blueberry bushes, although they haven’t really produced much yet. This year, one bush produced berries, but they were sour.
The other bush didn’t produce any, which surprised me because last year it had lots of sweet berries. Maybe next year both will be sweet and plentiful!
At least the stores have an endless supply of summer blueberries for me.
I’ve been wanting to make a blueberry pie but I just don’t feel like messing with a crust. Instead of a pie, I made this easy Blueberry Granola Crisp. Made with fresh blueberries, oats, coconut, brown sugar, and Golden Girl Bluesberry Granola.
Last summer, I participated in one of Golden Girl Granola’s recipe challenges and created my Overnight Hot Peanut Butter & Banana Granola.
If you’re not familiar with Golden Girl Granola, they’re a family owned business that started out of their kitchen up in Massachusetts. They’re slowly growing their business which is why they started these recipe challenges to help people become familiar with their product through recipes. Which is a great marketing idea if you ask me! A win-win for everyone!
All their granola is made with natural ingredients like oats, organic maple syrup, almonds, coconut, and non-GMO canola oil. And in case you’re wondering, its wheat-free and made in a gluten-free kitchen. It’s the next best thing to making it yourself!
Back to this Blueberry Granola Crisp, the Golden Girl Granola gives the crust a little extra crunch, which taste delicious warm, but if you chill it the coconut oil sets up and gives you this crispy, crunchy granola crust that’s the perfect resting place for a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
I made this dessert healthy so I can indulge with the ice cream. I call that balance!
So go ahead and balance out your day and enjoy some of this Blueberry Granola Crisp with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Blueberry Granola Crisp is an easy way to enjoy fresh blueberries. Made using Golden Girl Granola’s Blueberry granola, this fruit dessert captures the essence of summer, especially when topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 6 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed
- 1 cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup Golden Girl Bluesberry Granola
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup organic brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tablespoon coconut oil, softened
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Grease 8″ x 8″ square pan with coconut oil or preferred oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- Add all blueberries into pan. Set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir with a wooden spoon or use your hands to mix all ingredients together.
- Scoop 3/4 of oat mixture evenly over blueberries.
- Place into oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- At 20 to 25 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle remaining oat mixture over the top and cook for remaining time.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
- Best served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.