Earlier this week, I shared my Healthy Avocado Chocolate Mousse with you. Well, today I’m sharing my Matcha Avocado Pudding recipe with you.
As a matter of fact, I do have a lot of avocados in my kitchen right now so I’m trying out new recipes with avocados. Especially sweet recipes because I want to see for myself how avocado works in pudding, mousse, and ice cream recipes.
Oh yea, ice cream made with avocado is my next to do thing!
Back to this Matcha Avocado Pudding. The recipe is similar to my Avocado Chocolate Mousse recipe but the difference is how I prepared the dates. Somewhere I read to soak the dates in coconut water and it makes them even more delicious. So I had to try it.
Well, not only did it give me more delicious dates but they were soft and plump, making them perfect to use for this recipe. It’s best if you let the dates soak for 4 to 5 days before using them in the recipe. If you just can’t wait that long, at least soak them overnight. But the longer they soak, the better they are. I soaked my dates for at least 1 week.
I also used chilled ingredients for this pudding, the coconut milk, avocado, and dates were all chilled. I think that’s why this has a different texture, making it like a thick, creamy pudding than light and airy like a mousse.
Giving me this sweet, creamy Matcha Avocado Pudding.
A sweet, creamy Matcha Avocado Pudding made with coconut milk, avocado, dates, Matcha Green Tea powder, honey, vanilla, and almond extract. Making this a vegan, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, gluten-free sweet treat.
- 8 Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1 avocado
- 1 can (13.66 ounce) coconut milk, chilled
- 3 teaspoons honey (can use maple syrup instead of honey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons Matcha Green Tea powder
- 1/16 teaspoon almond extract
- Add whole dates and coconut water into a small bowl. Cover and place in refrigerator to soak dates for at least 2 days. 1 week is best as the dates soak up the coconut water and become soft and plump. After dates have soaked, remove seed and dice.
- Add dates plus coconut water used in soaking, and remaining ingredients into a high speed blender. Pulse on High until all ingredients are pureed and mixture is thick.
- Scoop into airtight container and chill at least 4 hours in the refrigerator before serving.
- Top with coconut whipped cream, chopped nuts, fresh raspberries, fresh diced strawberries, flaked unsweetened coconut, or sprinkles.
- Store remaining in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- To make 8 servings, double recipe; 12 servings, triple recipe, and so forth.
All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.