I made my original recipe of flourless peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips sans the chocolate chips because I didn’t have any on hand during this quarantine. All I could find in my cupboards were peanut butter chips, so I added them.
Why did I not think of this before?
Then I found a opened bag of Reese’s pieces and added them in with the peanut butter chips.
Reese’s Pieces took these cookies to a whole ‘nother level!
Because what’s better than peanut butter?
More peanut butter!!
So on one of my Essential shopping trips, I grabbed a bag of Reese’s Pieces Eggs for Easter. Yes, those are essential to my well-being.
For one, they make me happy.
Two, they get my mind off of our current quarantine situation.
And three, if I didn’t buy them, I couldn’t be sharing this recipe with y’all.
See there, I’m giving happiness to you too!
I’m paying it forward.
You’re welcome 🙂
Back to these cookies.
I used coarse sea salt for them because that’s all I had and I love how it added texture and more flavor than regular salt.
Just to let you know, coarse sea salt doesn’t work in all cookie recipes. I tried it in a Nestles Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and I ended up throwing them in the trash because they tasted more like pretzels.
Don’t get me wrong, I love pretzels, but I didn’t like the flavoring in those cookies.
However, if I never would have made those, I never would have thought to add it to peanut butter cookies.
So it actually was a win!
Yes, I believe everything happens for a reason, even in baking.
I hope you and your family keep safe by continuing to do your part by staying home.
If we all do our part, we can help stop the spread of this corona virus so we can go back to our daily routines.
Wishing y’all a Happy Easter!
As always, if you do make these Flourless Reeses Peanut Butter Easter Egg Cookies, please leave a comment below, or share it with me by tagging your Instagram with #sweetandspicymonkey, so I can see all the goodness you create in your kitchen. Happy Eating!
Surprise your family with these Flourless Reeses Peanut Butter Easter Egg Cookies this Easter. They’re chock full of peanut butter, peanut butter chips, and topped with a Reeses Pieces Egg candy. Perfect for your peanut butter lover!
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy (can also use chunky)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups Old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup Reeses peanut butter chips
- 1 bag Reeses Pieces Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cream together peanut butter, egg, vanilla, honey, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in baking soda, salt, and oats.
- Fold in peanut butter chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared cookie sheet. Gently press down with your fingers and place 1 Reeses Pieces Egg centered on top.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-8 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack where they can cool completely.
- Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- You can use all honey or brown sugar/honey mixture for the sugar in recipe. I used an organic sugar and loved the way it added texture that just honey or brown sugar could not.
- I don’t recommend leaving out the honey because it helps to bind the ingredients together. If you don’t have honey, use a sugar and add water or milk by the Tablespoon to help bind ingredients together.
All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.