I have no idea why it took me so long to add garlic to my Cheddar Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits. It’s been a little over a year since I shared that recipe with you.
Wow, time sure does fly by!
Over these last eight months, I’ve been busy with my Fitness Journey.
You might have noticed since I haven’t shared many recipes since I started on it, but this doesn’t mean I’m going anywhere. I will still be sharing recipes with y’all.
I just finished up a six week fitness program.
Six weeks, six days a week, for 20 minutes! Although it was only 20 minutes a day, it was grueling!
Today was the very last day of it and the second day of my cleanse/detox.
So to be sharing a biscuit recipe with y’all is somewhat tempting to me right now. I mean just look at the butter melting on those garlicky, cheesy biscuits!
And the fact that they’re so easy to whip up is adding to it even more.
I will not give in to temptation today.
I will stay strong.
Because I can always make them next week! (Ha-ha)
You on the other hand, can make these Garlic Cheddar Biscuits to enjoy with your breakfast for your Sunday morning.
Or better yet, if you can’t wait until tomorrow, serve them up with a nice bowl of chili tonight.
Ok, now I’m craving them! The chili did it for me because I have some in the refrigerator that I recently made and these biscuits would be perfect with it tonight.
Especially with this cold, wet weather we’ve been experiencing here in Georgia!
I am strong!
I will keep telling myself that until Monday when I go back to normal eating.
I am strong.
I am strong.
I am strong.
Other biscuit recipes you might enjoy from me:
As always, if you do make these Garlic Cheddar Biscuits, please leave a comment below, or share it with me by tagging your Instagram with #sweetandspicymonkey, so I can see all the goodness you create in your kitchen. Happy Eating!
These homemade Garlic Cheddar Biscuits will complete your meal! Whether you serve them for breakfast, brunch, or with a hot bowl of chili, they will disappear fast!
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Rubbed Dalmatian Sage
- Dash white pepper
- 1/3 cup (5 Tablespoons and 1/3 Tablespoon) unsalted butter, chilled
- 1/2 cup Medium cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 and 1/4 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cut butter into small pieces. Set aside.
- Place dough attachment on stand mixer.
- In a large mixing bowl, add dry ingredients. Mix together with a fork, about 3 times.
- Using stand mixer, mix butter throughout flour mixture, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add in grated cheese, mixing between additions.
- Pour buttermilk into flour mixture and knead until dough is soft and slightly sticky. If dough is too dry, add in buttermilk, 1 Tablespoon at a time, until dough becomes more pliable to work with. If dough is too sticky, don’t worry because as we roll out dough on floured surface, it will take some of that flour into the dough, making it soft and easier to work with.
- Remove dough from bowl and place on a clean, dry, flat, lightly floured surface.
- Knead dough gently 10 to 12 times with your hands.
- Gently roll dough until its about 1/2″ to 3/4″ thick.
- Using a lightly floured biscuit cutter, cut biscuits and place onto prepared cookie sheet. Repeat until all dough is used.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until biscuits are a light, golden brown on top.
- Serve immediately with butter.
– You can substitute 2 cloves of garlic, minced for the garlic powder.
All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.