The fruity fusion of sweet strawberries and limes in this Easy Strawberry Lime Jam will have your taste buds doing the Happy dance with each bite!
After taking my little “break” at the end of 2017 when I got that nasty demon stomach flu, I’m finding it difficult to get back into the swing of things.
Usually I try to post once a week, but here lately, I haven’t had much time to spend in the kitchen.
At least not for myself.
I’ve been busy making food and treats for my puppies.
Even though they’re officially one year old now some may refer to them as dogs, but they are a large breed mix and they don’t stop growing until three years of age.
So to me, they’re still puppies.
And now I’ve got to reinforce my fence so they stay in my yard.
To say the least, I’ve been a busy girl!
I did find time to make this Easy Strawberry Lime Jam.
It was supposed to be plain strawberry jam, but the lime flavors really exploded and I loved it!
The combination of sweet strawberries and limes is like a taste of summer, refreshing during all this bitter cold we’ve experiencing here on the East Coast.
Ugh, some days it didn’t even get above freezing!
I’m so happy we’re back to normal and above temperatures this week so my fingers can thaw out and heal.
My poor little fingers are cracked from the bitter cold temperatures! I’m finding coconut oil and lots of lotion are my healing aids. Along with gloves for when I wash the dishes.
The skin on my hands are so delicate!
Even though I still want to post once a week, for now it may be sporadic as I try to get back into the groove. So please bear with me.
And if you’re not already following me on social media, please do, so you can know when new posts are up on my blog. I’m most active on Facebook and Instagram.
As always, if you do make this Easy Strawberry Lime Jam, please leave a comment below, or share it with me by tagging your Instagram with #sweetandspicymonkey, so I can see all the goodness you create in your kitchen!
- 12 ounces fresh strawberries
- 1 and 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Juice and zest from 2 limes
- Place strawberries into a colander and rinse well under cool running water.
- Remove tops of strawberries.
- Place strawberries into a blender and puree for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Add a little of the water to your strawberries when pureeing to help mix better.
- In a medium, non-reactive saucepan with a heavy bottom, add strawberries, sugar, water, and lime zest and juice. Over medium to low heat, cook while stirring occasionally, until mixture starts to boil, about 10 minutes.
- Once boiling, turn heat down to Low and continue cooking over a low simmer, uncovered and stirring occasionally until mixture starts to thicken, about 45 minutes to 1 hour, give or take, depending on how thick you want your jam. Keep in mind, jam will thicken as it cools.
- After cooking, spoon into sterilized jars, wiping off the rims after filling, and place on lids. As the jam cools, the lids will pop and seal.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
- You can use frozen strawberries in place of fresh.
All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.