I can’t believe I’m already seeing pumpkin and apple recipes for Fall pop up on my feed for Pinterest!
It’s not even officially summer yet!
We’re still trying to wind down Spring and ease into summer over here.
Why can’t we just enjoy the seasons as they come, instead of getting them pushed onto us?
Hmm, hmm, Wal-Mart.
Which brings me to this delicious recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb Zucchini Muffins.
A blend of both spring and summer fruits and veggies.
No Fall flavors here.
These muffins are bursting with the sweetness of fresh, ripe strawberries mixed with the tartness of rhubarb, and blended with summer zucchini. Just look at them!
I could have added a streusel topping, but these muffins don’t need it. They are sweet enough on their own.
And I really don’t need any more sugar in my diet.
So, I opted for a naked muffin, full of both fruit and veggies, for a healthy breakfast to help me get through the day.
These muffins aren’t just for breakfast either. Enjoy them between meals or after a workout.
You can even eat one for dessert at the end of the day.
Or if you’re like me, right after breakfast.
My thinking is, the sooner you have your dessert, the more time throughout the day to burn all those calories. Am I right?
Although you won’t have to worry what time of day you eat these Strawberry Rhubarb Zucchini Muffins because they’re good for you. Along with the fresh strawberries, rhubarb, and zucchini, I made these muffins with coconut sugar, coconut oil, and apple sauce.
So go ahead, take your time and enjoy the seasons as they come, along with the fresh fruits and veggies.
While you’re at it, make you and your family some of these muffins, and slowly savor the seasons of spring and summer.
You’re just going to have to wait Fall!
As always, if you do make these Strawberry Rhubarb Zucchini Muffins, please leave me a comment below, or share it with me by tagging your Instagram with #sweetandspicymonkey, so I can see all the goodness you create in your kitchen. Happy Eating!
Spring’s sweet strawberries and tart rhubarb blended with summer zucchini makes for delicious muffins to be enjoyed at breakfast or anytime of the day. Dairy-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and paleo-friendly.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups coconut sugar
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 3 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 1 cup diced rhubarb
- 1 and 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Lightly grease muffin pans with coconut oil or other preferred cooking oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, coconut oil, apple sauce, vanilla, and coconut sugar.
- Mix in shredded zucchini.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon with mixture.
- Fold in strawberries, rhubarb, and pecans until thoroughly combined.
- Fill muffin pans about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- After muffins have cooled, gently run a butter knife along the edges to help loosen muffins.
- Remove muffins from pan and serve immediately or let cool completely on wire rack before storage.
- Store in airtight container or ziplock bag for up to 1 week.
- To remove muffins from pans, you can either turn muffin pans over onto wire rack or gently lift muffin out of pan with butter knife.
- I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour Blend.
All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.