With each bite of these Gluten Free Pear & Ginger Muffins, you get a deliciously moist cake full of pears, ginger, and walnuts. Perfect with coffee or tea and a friend.
Usually when I think of Fall foods, I think of pumpkins and apples. Boy, have I been missing out! This year I’ve “discovered” pears. I don’t know why, but I don’t really eat many pears, at least not until now. I picked up a bag when I was at the store last month and now I’m obsessed with these sweet little gems.
Pears are similar to apples but they’re soft when you sink your teeth into them and oh so sweet and juicy. I like to think of them as diamonds of the fruit world. They don’t look all that spectacular (like coal before it turns into a diamond), but one bite and you see why they’re precious little gems. And their sweetness and soft texture carries over into baked goods. I love how pears make these muffins moist!
Not only can you bake with pears, but you can also cook them with pork, chicken, or beef dishes.
My favorite way to enjoy pears (besides these GF Pear & Ginger Muffins) is to make Salted Fruit Caramel Sauce.
So you can understand now why I’m gaga over pears! Of course, I think you’re going to agree with me after trying these Gluten-Free Pear & Ginger Muffins.
But don’t blame me if you become a little crazy over pears, and start adding them to everything you make this Fall.
As always, if you do make these Gluten-Free Pear & Ginger Muffins, share it with me by tweeting me @sweetspicymonky, tagging your Instagram with @sweetandspicymonkey, so I can see all the pear goodness you create. Happy Eating!
You get a taste of Fall when you bite into one of these spiced Gluten-Free Pear & Ginger Muffins. Best enjoyed with a cup of coffee, tea, or milk and a friend.
- 4 ripe pears, peeled and diced
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- Dash of nutmeg
- 4 Tablespoons candied ginger, diced
- 1 and 1/2 cups Gluten-free Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease muffin tin with coconut oil, butter, or baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together pears, coconut sugar, spices, and candied ginger. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, mix in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into prepared muffin tins and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, invert muffin tin over wire rack and remove muffins from baking tin. Turn muffins back over and let cool completely.
- Serve as is or with butter or cream cheese.
Thank you to Paradise Fruit Company for supplying the candied ginger for this recipe.
All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.