Now you can start your day with this healthy Chocolate Granola that’s easy to make!
I have stumbled upon ways to not only enjoy chocolate if you’re trying to eat healthier, but to have it for breakfast in this Chocolate Granola.
I love breakfast! I wholeheartedly agree with the age old saying that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
Mainly because your body has been fasting over the last 8 to 12 hours (or however long you sleep) and it needs something nutritious to help fuel itself, this thing called breakfast, which means to break the fast.
Breakfast helps wake your body up by getting all the organs and cells to start moving in a positive direction.
Unlike if you skip breakfast and your body starts breaking down at the cell level, heading into a negative direction.
Don’t even try to explain to me that your body has been skipping breakfast for an inexplicable amount of years. I will not accept it.
Breakfast is what kick starts your body at the start of the day and everybody can benefit, no matter what your age. And this chocolate granola is a delicious and nutritious way to wake up your body.
Full of wholesome ingredients (that you can also pronounce) like oats, almonds, and dried cherries, that are lightly sweetened with honey and organic brown sugar.
And you can make this under 45 minutes. It only takes 30 minutes from start to the end of baking time.
So now, there’s no excuse for you to not eat breakfast anymore, especially if you sprinkle this chocolate granola over the Double Chocolate Protein Chia Pudding Parfait I shared earlier in the week. Just a suggestion.
If you do make this Chocolate Granola, share it with me by tweeting me @sweetspicymonky, tagging your Instagram with @sweetandspicymonkey, so I can see all the chocolatey goodness you create. Happy Eating!
Break the fast with this healthy and delicious Chocolate Granola. Made with wholesome ingredients like oats, almonds, dried cherries, cocoa powder, and honey, to name a few. You no longer have an excuse for skipping the most important meal of the day.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons organic brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- Dash of Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, diced
- handful of cocoa nibs or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Prepare a cookie sheet by wiping down with a small amount of (your choice) coconut oil, sunflower oil, butter, or non-stick cooking spray. Wipe off any excess oil with a clean, dry paper towel. Doing this will help decrease any chance of burning your granola. Set prepared cookie sheet aside.
- Place coconut oil into a small bowl and microwave for about 40 seconds to melt coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, honey, brown sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, coconut oil, chia seeds, and salt.
- Spread granola evenly over prepared cookie sheet.
- Place into oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring granola every 5 minutes. It’s very important to stir granola every 5 minutes, otherwise you will end up with burnt granola (just sayin, not like it happened to me or anything).
- Turn off oven and remove pan.
- Stir in chopped almonds, coconut, and dried cherries. Let cool completely before adding cocao nibs or chocolate chips.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Can be used for breakfast cereal, mixed in with pancake mix, snacking, or as a topping for parfaits, yogurt, ice cream, or fruit cobblers.
All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.