This week’s #letsgetfoodiechallenge from Amanda is all about alcohol. She chose this because English Wine week is May 23rd through May 31st and World Gin day is June 13th.
So what better way to celebrate both than to have week 3 of our #letsgetfoodiechallenge to involve alcoholic recipes. Amanda made Malibu Rainbow cookies with Malibu Rum. If you want to check out that recipe you can find it on her site here.
I had a couple ideas for this challenge but I think this one is best with the hot weather. Oh who am I fooling, coconut won this choice, hands down!
Because y’all know how much I love (some might say obsessed with) my coconut! That and the creamy coolness of this sorbet.
Perfect for eating straight out of the container (a bowl for you people with manners), or you can even serve it on top of a slice of cake, brownies, or fruit.
Whatever way you serve it up, you will swoon over this coconut sorbet!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0
Total time: 8 hours and 5 minutes (includes freezing time)
- 1 cup organic unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 cups (1 can) coconut milk
- 3/4 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut vodka*
- pinch sea salt
- Add coconut flakes to a blender or food processor and blend on High until flakes are smaller. Don’t completely liquefy the flakes, but make them almost pureed. You want a little texture for the sorbet.
- Add remaining ingredients into blender with flakes and pulse until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour into a freezer safe container and cover.
- Place into the freezer overnight or for at least 6 to 8 hours so it can set up.
– *If you prefer non-alcoholic Coconut Sorbet, leave out the coconut vodka and increase coconut water to 1 cup.
– *If you want it a little more boozy (which I’m going to try next time I make this) you can always increase to a 1/2 cup of coconut vodka.